My name is Alice and I’m from Sweden. I’ve been at USC for 2.5 years, studying a Bachelor of Creative Industries, with a major in Creative Writing and minor in Visual Communication. These past years have been incredibly fun and adventurous.
Sunshine Coast is the perfect place to explore Australia from. So far, I’ve been to Cairns, Airlie Beach, Fraser Island, Sydney, Byron Bay, Melbourne, Great Ocean Road, around New Zealand and many more places. I’ve tried surfing, sky diving, scuba diving, snorkelling, done the Tough Mudder race, and this winter, I might even have a go at the water jet pack.
Other than travelling, one of my greatest passions is food. The Sunshine Coast has no shortage of great cafés and restaurants. Here are some of my favourite cafés on the coast:
- The Nines: the perfect place to brunch, there’s something for everyone on this menu. Be sure to try one of the freak shakes, they are insane!
- The Velo Project: beautiful, sustainable and incredibly yummy food and coffee.
- Ninth Street: the perfect place to get extreme waffles and pancakes.
- Acai Brothers: the best acai bowls on the coast.
- Decisions: a mixture of healthy and unhealthy food – that’s why they are called Decisions. The menu has gluten-free, vegan and vegetarian options, so there is something for everyone here.
- Lil Canteen: the menu is continually updated and incredibly trendy.
- Elliot’s Fine Food Bistro: fantastic coffee and filling food.
- Milk and Beans Coffee House: cosy and close to the beach. Great burgers.
- Glass Coffee House & Wine Bar: atmospheric interior with a killer menu.
- Tome: cakes, rolls and cupcakes so pretty you don’t want to actually eat them.
Hot tip: if you follow these places on Instagram, they often post discounts and deals.
Hope this helps you navigate your stay at the coast. If you want to get more tips you can follow me on Instagram @fridaychild. Thanks for reading!